Program Manager, Privacy
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Key to this role is a leader who maintains the balance between engineering solutions and customer expectations. This team member drives long term planning for Facebook App AR/VR product team & program initiatives and builds & maintains relationships within program scope. This role is responsible for connecting disparate teams and initiatives into comprehensive and operational program implementations. The ideal candidate has experience defining and managing a complex series of long- and short- term initiatives. The role is responsible for managing the execution and expectations surrounding those initiatives across engineering, data science, and research. This person may also work with professional services, data tool vendors, and is responsible for providing program updates at multiple levels. The successful candidate will drive team focus and reduce execution time of projects.In this role, you're expected to possess an overarching understanding of the role of data for product. The ideal candidate has technical knowledge enabling them to influence cross-team projects, priorities, and roadmaps while steering conversations and decision making to more effectively reach goals. The person in this role must have excellent execution and follow through skills, the ability to multi-task under pressure, and be extraordinarily detail-oriented and self-driven. This role interfaces regularly with team members, partners, and vendors with the goal of ensuring commitments are understood & delivered, work is optimized, ideas are enacted and planning is executed across teams.Successful candidates should have exceptional program management, analytical, organizational and communication skills developed through working on data and analytic intensive business functions. Success in the role is defined as program scope exactitude, delivery against all aligned commitments, and enacting operating rhythm leading to needs and resource alignment.
- Partner with Engineering, PM, TPM, and Leadership to operationalize team goals, maintaining accurate priorities, and holding self and teams accountable for execution.
- Build on, clarify and represent program scope, drive communication and translate planning requirements to teams you depend on or must partner with, establish strong trust and advocate.
- Drive transparency leveraging tech stack and data, own progress reporting and proactively communicate status.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to reach challenging goals at Facebook scale, research raw ideas.
- Own execution of large, complex projects from inception to operational maintenance.
- Maintain subject matter expertise and stay abreast of technological developments.
- Negotiate and manage vendor and data partner relationships externally, if needed, align budget.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in an operational or project/program management role with proven people influencing experience including with virtual and global teams.
- 5+ years technical, web or related management experience, exposure to large-scale systems in fast-paced environment.5+ years technical, web or related management experience, exposure to large-scale systems in fast-paced environment.
- Experience negotiating contracts, proven track record of delivering.
- Experience in cultivating relationships across variety of contacts.
- Demonstrated competency with cross-group collaboration, complex operations, organizational agility, and analytical planning.
- Experience presenting and communicating with senior stakeholders with experience aligning priorities and expectations with customer needs.
- B.S. in a technical, business, or marketing discipline.
Back to top