Program Manager - News Feed
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
News Feed is the front page of Facebook and a flagship experience that impacts over 2 billion people. Our mission is to connect people to the stories they love.
In this role, you will support the design team that is responsible for News Feed. You'll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep teams and projects on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow culture and industry expertise, and work with cross-functional teams to establish great ways of working together.
- Program Management and Execution
- Establish and support ongoing projects and programs for product design teams including things like design sprints, on-boarding, continued education opportunities, skill building and team building
- Manage task forces by providing flexible processes that help keep communication on track and ensure people have information, tools, and resources they need to do their best work
- Track and move product/cross-functional initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders and many moving parts
- Drive clarity around ownership, objectives and next steps
- Measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Relationships and Communication
- Partner with the Design Director to drive effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information gathering and distribution as well as cross-team collaboration
- Establish communication structure to report out updates, progress and status with task forces or leads on the team so everyone understands role and expectations
- Proactively raise and resolve issues around our initiatives before they are a problem for individuals
- Serve as a dependable point of contact/link to cross-functional teams across global offices
- 8+ years of experience as a producer, project manager or program manager with an experience establishing processes, programs, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Independent time management, task prioritization, and experience identifying problems and solutions
- Experience working with product designers/UX teams as well as cross-functional teams, including, PM, engineering, research, content, data science, etc. to design, build, and ship products
- Experience establishing project management systems and communication channels to support teams as well as our partners
- Knowledge with product design and development
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top