Program Manager, Network Tooling
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Program Manager with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of network and data center operations. In this role, you will work closely with Facebook network and software engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and end users to devise technical software solutions for business problems. You will own delivery from concept to creation. The Program Manager will support our global networking team's enterprise tools. The program will support the growth, management, and 24x7 upkeep of Facebook.
- Manage large cross-functional program teams of network, software engineers and end-users to design and develop products to meet company goals, program objectives and key results.
- Initiate concurrent projects from conception and oversee software delivery, rollout and adoption of products, using fast, reiterative methodologies.
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams, and process flow diagrams.
- Collaborate with different individuals across the organization, develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also dig in and get the job done.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance business needs vs technical constraints.
- Agree impact, benefits, measures of success and target milestone dates.
- Present product releases, progress on program monthly to directors and vice presidents.
- Work with stakeholders to identify next half, next year roadmap deliverables for your assigned program.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- 8+ years experience working within highly technical environments, with responsibilities in project management, software or network engineering.
- 6+ years experience in product management and development: building scalable multi-tenant platforms, driving tooling initiatives, and translating strategic initiatives into software product roadmaps.
- Software delivery experience building large wide-scaled solutions, using reiterative/agile type software delivery methodologies.
- Proven leadership skills: experience in influencing stakeholders and engineers, and deconflict where necessary.
- Experience understanding operational requirements and translating needs into software product implementation plans.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure.
- Experience in quickly adapting to new technology and participating in technical design discussions.
- Background in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with Network-centric product management and development.
- Software and/or network production engineering experience.
- Associate level network certifications (CCNA or JNCIA) or higher.
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience.
Back to top