Program Manager, Mission Control
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Are you passionate about resource and growth strategy for technical teams? Excited about a role where you could take on high visibility, cross-functional program management responsibilities? If this sounds interesting, we want to talk to you. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and our ability to transform over time. You could work on some of the most challenging workforce growth issues at a scale that few companies can match. The Mission Control team is a group of people at Facebook responsible for workforce planning and resource allocations for the technical and product teams. We are looking for a Program Manager to be focused on our Engineering and Product (Product Managers, Designers, Researchers, Analysts, etc.) organizations. Specifically, this candidate will lead demand planning and scaling for new grad hires, leadership hires and various technical hires who work directly on our products.This is a full time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Manage headcount allocations to accelerate tech growth. Primary focus is on balancing the supply & demand of headcount. This requires cross-functional collaboration with partners across Finance, Recruiting, HR and the Engineering and Product teams.
- Facilitate change management and escalation process with Finance counterparts for requested changes to headcount targets. Work to minimize downstream impact and communicate appropriately. Partner with Recruiting team on shifting priorities for hiring.
- Use data to collaborate with HR Business Partners to drive organizational health.
- Partner with the team's analysts to develop in depth Excel and Tableau reporting, which is leveraged by all cross-functional partners. Leverage analytics to ensure data-driven decisions are being made.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Develop, execute, and manage yearly headcount planning cycle as well as end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Meet with Engineering and Product Executives, Managers, Finance, HR and Recruiting partners to understand needs and partner with internal tools teams to scale processes.
- B.S. or B.A. in a technical discipline, 7+ years problem-solving, technical expertise and/or program management experience.
- Communication skills and experience working with highly technical management teams. Organized and able to present to executive audiences, sometimes on short notice.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of headcount and position management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with interpreting forecasts.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Leadership experience.
- Familiarity with Technical Recruiting, specifically University, Product and Leadership pipelines.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top