Program Manager, Local Insights
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Languages and local experiences are key to Facebook's mission of connecting the world. Facebook is currently available in more than 100 languages with over 80% of our users located outside North America, and we continue to grow internationally. If that gets you excited, we have a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team and help us to be local at a global scale!
As a Program Manager, Local Insights, you will be the internal advocate for people worldwide ensuring Facebook feels local for people around the world. This will involve working with a wide range of teams and vendors around the world to drive the development of products and features that work well in diverse environments and are locally relevant. The ideal candidate is passionate about localization and international market success and has significant experience in consumer and mobile technology.
- Engage and build relationship with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to ensure localization requirements are implemented and localization process is well understood
- Work with product teams across Facebook to ensure localizability best practices are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization testing process for multiple products and diverse content types across Facebook
- Analyze localizability and localization testing workflow issues and provide optimal solutions
- Review, prioritize, and track progress of issues that affect localized product content relevancy, quality, and functionality
- Working with vendors to ensure all assignments are understood, timelines are followed, and deliveries completed correctly and on time
- 2+ years of experience as a producer, project manager or program manager with experience in establishing systems, supporting teams, and developing relationships
- Experience communicating and leading cross-functional teams
- Experienced staying focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge with the Facebook translation platform as well as other computer-aided translation tools
- BA/BS in Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, linguistics, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with localization engineering and/or management
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools - such as SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the localization workflow
- Familiarity with the Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and Oculus
- Engineering and/or hands-on programming experience
- Knowledge of additional languages other than English
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top