Program Manager, Internal Risk and Compliance, Global Privacy Operations
- Sunnyvale, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to act as the central liaison for all workstreams that flow from the Facebook Central Privacy team, within Global Privacy Operations. The Privacy Operations team is responsible for supporting the enforcement of the Data Policy Facebook family of products, and to honor and uphold users' privacy rights at Facebook. As part of our work at Facebook, we are supporting the Central Privacy team in its rollout of a Privacy Control Framework which will serve as a guide to ensure Facebook has complete coverage of systems, processes and policies to protect user data, and are looking for someone to represent Global Operations and work closely with the Privacy team.Reporting to the Director of Global Privacy Operations, The Program Manager, Internal Risk and Compliance will serve as the central liaison to the Central Privacy Team and the Office of the Data Protection Officer (ODPO), sharing information with respect to privacy risk management on behalf of the Global Operations Organization. They should have a deep expertise in operations and a passion for privacy and data protection related issues, and a strong track record of managing global cross-functional programs. They will work closely with the Central Privacy Team, Privacy & Product Legal, as well as other internal and external teams to represent the Global Operations Leadership team in Privacy initiatives and will be responsible for maintaining the team up to date on these efforts.
- Understand the requirements for applicable privacy programs i.e. Global Privacy Control Framework and GDPR for the Global Operations organization
- Drive analyses to determine risk profiles and share data with the Director of Global Privacy Operations and the Global Operations leadership team to influence decision-making
- Act as the central point of contact for the Central Privacy Team in order to coordinate audit and support response to regulators.
- Translate Privacy Risk Assessment results into Global Operations initiatives
- 10+ years of work experience in both strategic and operational roles
- Experience working cross-functionally and globally, managing teams or complex programs
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data
- Experience in strategy and transforming operations
- Experience driving communication across organization, including executives
- Deep knowledge and experience with the Facebook family of apps and services
- Familiarity with privacy related laws and regulations
- Thrives in working on ambiguous and complex problems
Back to top