Program Manager, Innovation
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, we have a responsibility to everyone who uses our services to amplify the good and mitigate the harm - to make sure that people are safe on Facebook, and their information is protected. Many of these questions aren't new, but new products and technologies raise new issues that Facebook takes very seriously.
As a Program Manager, Innovation at Facebook, you will play a key role in supporting Facebook's ongoing efforts to address these questions thoughtfully and responsibly. We're looking for an experienced leader who can help us design, launch, and scale our scale our efforts around responsible innovation. This person will be responsible for designing and implementing programs to educate and deepen understanding in this space.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Design, launch, and scale our efforts to support thoughtful and responsible innovation
- Work with Facebook's Product, Public Policy, and HR teams as well as external stakeholders, to develop programming and operations to support product risk assessments
- Coordinate and advise Facebook teams working on new technologies
- Build creative partnerships with advocacy groups and academics
- Manage the creation of communications, educational, and marketing materials to support the programs
- Organize the launch of programs and campaigns designed to enhance awareness around policy issues
- Degree in public policy, philosophy, law, or 2+ years working experience in a similar field
- 7+ years of experience in public policy, technology, or academia
- Experience understanding the impact of technology and advising teams and companies on such matters
- Experience working with and advising technical product teams
- Experience with consensus-building
- Experience operating independently and representing companies at the ministerial-level
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do any task required to get the job done
Back to top