Program Manager, Infra Connectivity Programs
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Connectivity is one of Facebook's long term objectives. Our team is working to connect the nearly 4B unserved people and improve Internet experience for another 1.5B who live on 2G speeds. The Connectivity Lab team is focused on developing new technologies, working with telecom partners around the world to build higher capacity and more efficient networks, and using data and open source technologies to enable broader telecom ecosystem. The Solutions Management team is responsible for identifying product-to-market fit for Connectivity solutions, including new technologies and systems. The team is expected to work cross-functionally, working closely with our engineering teams and also with our market-facing program teams. Team members are expected to thrive in a continually evolving and often ambiguous environment, achieve aggressive objectives without direct authority within a diverse, flat organizational structure, and have a passion for the Connectivity Mission.
- Internal and external consensus-building (at all levels and across industries)
- Heavy focus on bridging the gap between and among internal and external stakeholders
- Untangles complex business challenges, including those without precedent, to support leadership decisions and day-to-day prioritization
- Initiate, parse and implement data to ensure qualitative and quantitative decision-making
- Risk management and mitigation
- Program budget ownership
- Defines program and milestone requirements and partners with Sourcing and Operations Engineering to implement
- Ad-hoc product management where gaps exist
- Demonstrates thought leadership and influence technical and business stakeholders across all management levels both internally and externally
- Moderate domestic and international business travel (10-25% per year)
- Program management experience at a connectivity-related company or on a related project
- Experience engaging with senior executives at global telecom partners and technology companies as well as senior government officials worldwide
- Led at-scale projects involving global operators, including early phases (e.g. prototyping) through market introduction and national / international ramp-up
- Experience working within fast-paced Internet companies and technical environments, with a emphasis on cross-functional (XFN) stakeholder buy-in including engineering, policy, regulatory, comms, legal, finance, partnerships, product management, and market-facing program teams.
- Organizational, business development and analytical skills
- BA/BS in related technical field, advanced degrees, including MBA, or equivalent practical experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top