Program Manager - Facebook Reality Labs Inclusive Products Council
- Los Angeles, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As the Program Manager of the Facebook Reality Labs Inclusive Products Council, you'll help us build products inclusively by defining principles, frameworks and guidelines to ensure we are making decisions consistent with our values. You'll contribute to long- and short-term product strategy and work primarily with the IPC Steering Committee, Review Body, and Foundations teams to develop and evolve our organizational support model for product inclusion.
- Drive the holistic strategy for the FRL Inclusive Product Council, in conjunction with the IPC Steering Committee and other inclusion functions across FRL and Facebook.
- Contribute to and lead the development of principles and implement frameworks for building inclusion into the product development process, in partnership with experts from across the company.
- Drive cross-functional consideration of inclusion in new and existing features with hardware and software product teams.
- Manage the establishment and ongoing operations of the FRL Inclusive Product Council Review Board.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve tension between product objectives and organizational values defined by the IPC.
- Help support long-term goals of product and engineering teams as they relate to inclusion.
- Build and manage relationships with D&I and domain leaders throughout the organization.
- Contribute to inclusivity risk assessments and developing documented mitigations.
- Create consensus across difficult and contentious issues across many teams with appropriate use of escalation.
- Provide guidance to managers on how to recognize and reward the work of IPC contributors.
- Contribute to improving the culture of the organization at large, in partnership with Diversity & Inclusion, business and employee resource groups. and executive sponsors across FRL.
- Provide guidance to product and ERG leaders at key points in the product decision making process.
- Expertise in Inclusive design, related degree, training, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working across large tech orgs, and working in or directly with product teams.
- Demonstrated experience influencing without direct authority.
- Demonstrated experience working in ambiguity.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects (product, engineering, user research, legal, communications, policy).
- Experience influencing stakeholders and engineers.
- Experience presenting to and counseling executives.
- Experience managing programs with minimal guidance.
- Experience producing guidance under deadlines.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Back to top