Program Manager, Engineering & Design, Data Center Connectivity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Program Manager to join our Data Center Connectivity (DCC) team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. The Program Manager will be a leader in scaling DCC's engineering and design process. Providing key leadership to how we interface with technical requirements from Network Engineering and translate into physical network implementation. The Program Manager will drive success with a knowledge of network and technical operations. The role is expected to provide key support of our initiatives to scale operations and to develop robust processes and tools enabling Facebook's expansion. This position is full-time and is based in our main office in Denver, CO.
- Bring structure to the DCC/Network Engineering team interface collaboratively through the creation of DCC/Network Engineering systems, processes, and mentorship of designers and engineers.
- Lead the implementation of program structure and technical best practice to the DCC infrastructure Schematic Design process.
- Partner with DCC Design and Engineering in technical standard generation and management.
- Provide engineering program management to the DCC team - focusing on networking and implementation best practices in partnership with Network Engineering.
- Program manage Data Center implementation schedules back into network engineering requirements to provide a clear and systematic picture for stakeholders.
- Lead coordinating DCC's builds with network design, infrastructure design, and field teams, contractors, material vendors and other stakeholders within Facebook.
- Provide dedicated Network Engineering/Infrastructure subject matter expertise to the Global DCC team.
- Provide regular project status updates and support DCC Engineering and Network Engineering with corporate dashboards that highlight program timelines, costs, and status pertinent to the level loading of engineering resources.
- Provide SME service to the development of technical and engineering tooling.
- Track performance to schedule & financial goals, highlight opportunities for improvement, and drive accordingly.
- Partner with sourcing & field teams to provide rolling forecasts and to scale resources to meet increasing build and retrofit requirements.
- Assist with developing long range business planning, project budgets, and providing ROM cost estimates.
- Travel 20+% to review projects and coordinate with onsite personnel and contractors at project locations.
- Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science, or 10+ years of work experience in operations or project management in networking or network implementation.
- Experience overseeing timelines and budgets for projects.
- Experience engaging and guiding stakeholders through technical problems.
- Experience influencing and driving technical solutions throughout an organization.
- Experience providing solutions to problems and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- 5+ years' experience as a Network Engineer.
- Experience in mission critical environments.
- Data center or network development and construction experience.
- Knowledge of fiber optic and cabling technologies and standards.
Back to top