Program Manager, Emerging Products
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Our Emerging Products team is responsible for building a risk and support strategy for new products leveraging payments at Facebook. We partner with multiple teams including Product, Engineering, Ops, Analytics, Legal, Policy, and Finance to ensure new products successfully launch and succeed. Emerging Products helps determine data and tool infrastructure needs to support and protect the product and its customers, as well as influences product development as the voice of the user.
- Become an expert in core risk and support infrastructure, tools, systems, and data
- Develops project schedules based on the product requirements, technical challenges, tooling lead-times and business needs
- Focus on execution
- Collaborate with our Risk and Payment Operations Teams in determining Risk & Support requirements that allow new products to scale
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work with project leaders to develop best practices and production processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Manage a series complex projects and coordinate new product support across numerous operations stakeholders
- Manage communication within and between online operations
- Influence and lead efforts with key cross-functional partners, including Product, Engineering, Design, Policy and others during design, build, launch, and expansion phase of product life cycle
- Monitor and analyze product and operational health metrics
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with the various teams to identify, scope, constraints, dependencies, risk management and deliver global projects.
- Identify problems in advance and drive creative solutions to fix them.
- Able to see challenges before they arise, create plans to manage the tasks and alleviate the risks, and pitch in to execute those plans as needed.
- Identifies resources needed and works closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of the project schedule and potential roadblocks.
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management
- 5+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of experience working in Operations
- 2+ years of experience creating a strong customer experience
- Risk or Payments background
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top