Program Manager, Education Modernization
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Education Modernization (EdMod) group at Facebook seeks to apply Facebook technology, knowledge & services to advance K-12 education. Areas of focus right now are TechStart (techstart.fb.com (http://techstart.fb.com/)), incubating high school learner experiences using Facebook technology and developing what we call a "Project Experience Program" which is a software analogy to First Robotics competitions. We are also actively working on creating engaging and valuable communities and experiences in and surrounding tech in support of these programs. TechStart focuses on creating future opportunities through CS for primarily low income high school student populations. All our work has is oriented toward putting students first.
The EdMod Program Manager will help manage this team on a day-to-day basis towards its goals by coordinating multiple program elements, developing scalable processes, and managing relationships with internal and external partners. This person will develop a deep understanding of our students and educators, their motivations, desires and habits and leverage these insights to engage, grow and support this audience through the application of technology. Facebook is uniquely positioned to leverage technology on behalf of learners and the EdMod team will play a key role in helping us reach our impact potential in Education.
The role is located in Menlo Park, California.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams including but not limited to Labs, Engineering, and Sales to develop project experiences and curriculum, test with local pilot groups, and create scalable programs for furthering the mission of the EdMod team.
- Design and implement scalable processes for supporting program elements related to Education Modernization programs and events across the country.
- Partner with internal Policy team to keep them informed and up to date on programs.
- Work with internal legal team to understand and adhere to responsible legal parameters to deliver the best program possible.
- Manage relationships with external partners for program elements such as hackathons, curriculum development and student support.
- Manage vendor relationships and coordinate logistics such as shipping of equipment for programs.
- Research and identify which forms of technology engagement are most meaningful to our target students.
- 8+ years of professional experience related to education
- Experience applying technology for the betterment of learning experiences
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working on cross-functional teams similar to policy and legal
- Experience formulating strategy and keeping track of metrics and goals
- Experience tracking record of operating independently, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience with Augmented reality or virtual reality
- Experience working within the education industry
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top