Program Manager, Education Modernization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Reporting to the Education Modernization Team Lead, the Program Manager will be responsible for the operational success of TechStart, striving to scale a successful experience for learners and teachers. Leading TechStart includes responsibility for continual improvement of key performance indicators such as growth of program participation, efficacy for learners in the program and satisfaction of participating teachers. It also includes responsibility for the cultivation of effective partnerships and representing the program in the learning community.
A successful Program Manager will have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their team members. Building the best team ensures the program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to our communities.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with multiple cross-functional teams.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- -Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the impact of the program offerings.
- -Initiating and setting goals according to the strategic objectives of the program.
- -Cultivate existing relationships with partnerships and vendors with the goal of ensuring clear communication, expectation, and support.
- -Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
- -Know your customers - in this case teachers and learners.
- -Keep team members informed with detailed and accurate programmatic updates.
- -Identify potential challenges before they arise and offer and implement (and/or coach others to do so) potential solutions when needed.
- Program Operational Management:
- -Planning and executing the program from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- -Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- -Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- -Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed.
- -Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- -Developing or approving budgets and operations.
- -Demonstrating integrity and a commitment to and passion for creating access and equity in computer science.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of program management experience
- Experience developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and operationalizing innovative programs
- Project management experience resulting in measurable results and program development
- Organizational and leadership experience
- Technical experience and experience engaging and persuading stakeholders
- Master's Degree
- Experience working with high-performance, collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
- Experience working with STEM organizations and/or technical teams
Back to top