Program Manager - Edge and Network
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Program Manager with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of network and data center operations. In this role, you will work closely with Facebook Data Center Managers, network and software engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and end users to devise technical solutions for business problems and own delivery from concept to creation. The Operations Program Manager will assist support our global data center teams with networking team's deployments, facilities construction and maintenance, hardware maintenance, network maintenance, and builds deployments, operations, and tools. The program will support the growth, management, and 24x7 upkeep of Facebook.
This is a full-time position based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Manage highly cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, logistics, supply chain, infrastructure software engineering).
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and prioritize resources in areas that will deliver the greatest impact drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Conduct business process re-engineering reviews to innovate on business processes and define ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Lead/support all business readiness activities including training, testing and rollout.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Drive continual improvement of cost productivity.
- Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, business or a related field.
- 6+ years of work experience as a Product or Technical Program Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Experience adapting and learning new skill sets.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational experience.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Experienced executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experienced collaborating with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Cross-functional leadership experience.
- Organizational and time management experience.
- Networking or data center experience with CCNA/JNCIA or equivalent experience.
- Project/product management experience in building scalable, enterprise tooling initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs.
- Familiarity with the scrum methodology or software development.
- Strong systems development and deployment experience.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top