Program Manager, Data Management
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Product & Service Operations team supports Facebook's millions of advertisers by resolving their product support needs while using our ad products and ensuring that advertisers have a great experience while advertising on Facebook. Our focus is operational excellence through our teams: Product Support Team, Client Concierge, Client Analytics, New Products, and Data Management. We work together to ensure our advertisers have access to the right support channels to address their unique needs while creating and promoting their digital messages. All of our teams love solving problems, using data, and working as a team to help Customers. The Data Management team is a newly formed team responsible for supporting all data strategy and data governance related aspecs of Facebook's business systems.Success in this role will include ensuring a high level of data quality across the organization through sound data management in support of critical business processes. The steward is responsible for customer data integrity, including hierarchies and relationships to deliver quality data that drives business decisions and supports critical business processes.
- Partner across GMS organization to support Sales in all data stewardship
- Serve as a support resource for Sales teams to address general data stewardship business and/or system questions or issues
- Act as a liaison/partner between cross functional organizations to drive data stewardship process efficiencies and effective sales strategies (Sales Enablement, Finance, Marketing, Legal, HR, Product Development, Professional Services, and IT).
- Partnering with Business Applications team (IT) to document, review, and test business requirements and system enhancements to CRM system and Internal Tools to automate and optimize the data stewardship.
- Participate in the development of data stewardship process and governance for data management of the CRM system.
- Participate in the development and measurement of day-to-day data stewardship support processes and internal Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Strive to meet or exceed published SLAs.
- Develop, document, and implement existing and new processes/procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Working with the team and management to identify process improvement and/or sales training opportunities. Assist with identification, development and delivery of sales enablement tools.
- Perform research and create/maintain customer hierarchies using a variety of tools including: Data.com, Dun & Bradstreet, Discover.org, the internet, customer websites, etc. This will include understanding reasons for company name changes and reorganizations such as mergers and acquisitions.
- Research, understand, maintain and implement the data governance processes and policies
- Perform mass data cleansing initiatives for the purging and elimination of corrupt or redundant information.
- Merge account information and all associated content where redundant information exists in corporate systems.
- Closely manage fields that drive Sales territory alignments.
- Work with cross functional groups, to ensure accuracy and data policies are followed
- Bachelor's Degree or Relevant Work Experience
- 3-5 years' experience in Master Data management, Sales Operations or Sales Software Sales background (including SaaS and renewals management)
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Strong research skills using Dun & Bradstreet, Discover.org and the internet
- Solid understanding of MDM (Master Data Management)
- Solid understand of best-practice data governance policies
- Ability to analyze issues and situations systematically
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to commuicat analysis results clearly and effectively
- Great attention to detail
- Lead to Quote, Quote to Contract, Contract to Order, and Order to Renewal sales process expertise
- Experience with Sales Strategy and Planning, Process Design and Management, Sales Support and Administration, and Project Management
- Demonstrated experience defining and tracking support metrics and implementing programs to improve operational performance
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top