Program Manager - Data Center Automation Products
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team provides program management support to critical tooling initiatives. We are looking for a Program Manager with strong core program management skills - understanding the importance of streamlining workflows and building automation, being analytical and detail oriented. As a Program Manager, you will work with your counterpart development team to define product roadmap, metrics, project plan, and drive rapid development cycle to build world class tooling for helping scale Facebook's infrastructure.
- End-to-end ownership of engineering program activities from product concept to launch
- Collecting business requirements from key stakeholders and converting them into technical requirements and managing their prioritization with engineering team
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-release, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
- Develop and drive critical high-level strategic initiatives
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers to ensure all necessary documentation for how to, support and troubleshooting tools are created & maintained
- 5+ years of program management experience
- Communication experience
- Experience influencing stakeholders and engineers
- Technical program management experience
- Experience adapting new technology and participating in design discussions
- Cross-group collaboration experience
- Experience in end-to-end coordination
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of compute, storage and networking technologies
- Data center operations knowledge
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top