Program Manager, Connectivity Ecosystems
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Attempting to connect the world requires an alternative approach to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through organizations like the Telecom Infra Project (www.telecominfraproject.com (http://www.telecominfraproject.com/)), the Open Compute Project (www.opencompute.org (http://www.opencompute.org/)) and network infrastructure deployment partnerships, the team collaborates globally with the telecom industry to identify and execute on a range of connectivity programs. If you have passion for working with operators, OEMs and other industry stakeholders to drive innovation, while working on cutting edge and cost efficient wireless, networking infrastructure, and data center based projects that will deliver internet access to the unconnected while significantly scaling current networks – then this is a great role for you.As a Connectivity Ecosystem Program Manager, you will work closely with the Facebook Infrastructure team, network operators and members of the Telecom Infra Project (TIP)/ Open Compute Project (OCP) project/work group communities. Technologies related to these initiatives include wireless access, backhaul, core networking, optical and satellite communication systems, servers and storage. In parallel, you will interface with industry alliance partners, hardware/software vendors and system integration providers. Finally, you will work closely with Facebook teams and the network operators to convey how we can work collaboratively to achieve the vision of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. This position is full-time and is based in Menlo Park.
- Support organizational thought leadership around Facebook's participation in TIP, OCP and network infrastructure deployment partnerships.
- Create a cohesive partnership ecosystem based on TIP, OCP, network infrastructure deployment partnerships and Community Lab initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with the Facebook policy and communications teams to promote achievements and drive additional ecosystem partner participation within TIP and OCP.
- Strategize cross-functionally both with internal organizations and the external partner community to encourage new hardware, software, and use case contributions and increase active partnership engagement.
- Support Communications in identifying key publications and events where the activities of TIP/OCP, network infrastructure partnership builds and the Community Labs should be highlighted in an effort to build awareness, interest and engagement in these initiatives.
- Participate in the planning and execution of key events such as TIP and OCP Summits. This will include determination of speaker tracks, technology demos, and lining up partnership announcements.
- Analyze Facebook Workplace analytics to determine existing engagement among the TIP Project Groups. Prioritize recommendations to drive an increase in participation and engagement levels.
- Manage the relationships with external network operators and infrastructure partners to help reduce friction and remove obstacles facing telecom hardware/software contributions and market adoption.
- Educate the Facebook Infrastructure team about how to contribute to TIP/OCP, share achievements and impact of contributions, and developments coming from partners.
- Author white papers, blog posts to share with the broader community with the goal to introduce and help drive adoption of TIP/OCP infrastructure and participation in future network infrastructure deployment programs.
- Stay abreast of developments in the telecom infrastructure space and share that knowledge with the wider infrastructure team.
- Previous experience (6+ years) in telecommunications/data center strategy or product/marketing management with a focus following infrastructure areas - wireless access, backhaul, core networking, storage or compute. Exposure and familiarity with open source projects and initiatives a plus.
- Demonstrate a history of the ability to work cross functionally with communications, policy, and industry organizations to align a diverse set of hardware/software partners, and industry organizations around common narratives regarding infrastructure deployments, project/working group goals, technology trials, and industry events.
- Familiarity with telecom infrastructure, data center infrastructure, network design principles.
- Familiarity with evolution and recent development of cellular and WiFi wireless networks – leading technologies and industry developments, partners, typical development cycles, performance, current challenges and common software solutions.
- Ability to understand network operator deployment scenarios such as different geographies and population densities, indoor/outdoor, range of ARPUs and use cases such as fixed/mobile access, enterprise/public access to drive development of flexible, cost-effective and open infrastructure
- Leadership and communication skills including experience in speaking to technical and business audiences including the C-suite.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25-50% of time.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top