Program Manager - Analytics
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Connectivity is at the heart of Facebook's mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. High-quality internet connectivity creates opportunities for people to share knowledge that can strengthen both local communities and global economies. At Facebook Connectivity, we're working to bring internet access and its benefits to everyone.We're looking for a Program Manager - Analytics to assess and refine our portfolio of initiatives in emerging markets. You will work closely with our market segments, data science, and regional partnerships teams to analyze and measure the performance of existing deployments to draw and apply best practices. In addition, the team will look to you to help identify potential new opportunities for interventions to boost connectivity. The ideal candidate will have strong technical experience in data science, great interpersonal and communication skills, and most importantly a passion for our mission of connecting the unconnected.
- Partner with data science and program teams to set goals, metrics, and track impact for current and future FBC deployments
- capture and report learnings and best practices.
- Work with data science and program teams on new analytical tools and methodologies.
- Conduct end-to-end large scale analyses using internal data on network performance, coverage, and other layers (population density, income levels, etc.) to identify new connectivity opportunities for our market segments and regional partnerships teams.
- Execute ad hoc sizing analyses for market segments and regional partnerships teams.
- Convert analyses into clear and succinct presentation materials for business audiences, including visualization, mapping, etc. in support of program updates and decisions.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
- 3+ years of experience working with data science tools and statistical analysis, applying insights and learnings to build coherent strategy and roadmap for programs.
- Working knowledge of the telecom ecosystem and its impact on connectivity outcomes.
- Experience with Big data environments (e.g., Hive, Hadoop), scripting techniques (e.g., Python, R, SQL), and knowledge of geospatial visualization (e.g., GIS mapping).
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and interacting with a globally distributed cross-functional team.
- Experience communicating with technical and business audiences, experience interacting with executive stakeholders.
- BA, BS or higher degree with emphasis in computer science, analytics, statistics, economics or equivalent degree and experience.
- Working understanding of telecom network metrics, measurements and performance data, among them: e.g., coverage for 2G, 3G, 4G, latency, jitter, and throughput.
- Experience working in an operator or telecom sector-focused consulting firm.
- Experience in emerging markets, especially SE Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
Back to top