Program Manager, Academic Relations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
This role is responsible for managing Facebook Research's scientific publication review process and research operations business metrics. Manage, coordinate and optimize Facebook's entire research publication output by working with the various stakeholders in Research, Legal and Communications to ensure all publications go through timely review and that the scientific impact is measured and fed back into the research strategic planning. This role will help aggregate and quantify the impact of the publication review process as well as assist in analytics of various operational metrics in the Research Operations and Academic Relations (ROAR) team.
The goal of this position is to help Facebook establish itself as the leading collaborative research organization and the destination of choice for academic talent looking to help connect the world. Publishing high-quality and impactful research papers is a key contributor to this goal. The successful candidate will recognize success through helping others project the outputs of their research work.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Management and oversight of the publication review process end-to-end
- Maintenance and improvement of the publication review tooling and data systems
- Feedback and reporting to leadership on the efficacy of the publication review process, the impact of the published papers, the success rates and review feedback patterns across various parts of Facebook's research capability
- Tracking and maintenance of key dashboards for the publication review process and related activities
- Data analysis across the publication review process and other data feeds (e.g., online engagement through the Facebook Research web site, Facebook Research's Facebook page and other social media)
- Continually refine best practices for cross-functional program management consistent with Facebook culture
- Create insights through data exploration leading to observations and recommendations back to the business and to key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience working with and optimizing processes in a technology-focused company
- Demonstrable skills for delivering program excellence, including conducting strategic needs analysis, program portfolio management, program design and facilitation
- Experience evaluating feedback and adapting processes and tooling to meet changing business needs
- Familiarity with the Scientific Publication process, including internal and external reviews
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to balance multiple priorities and non-uniform workloads
- Collaborative, interpersonal and presentation skills, with experience working with and influencing colleagues at all levels
- Experience communicating insights and ideas, and ability to convey messages based on data analytics
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality around sensitive information
- Experience with client or customer service
- MBA degree
- Knowledge of Facebook products
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top