Production Systems Engineer
A Production Systems Engineer at Facebook focuses on our hardware fleet by providing scaleable, automated tests that run efficiently in continuous, test driven, development environments. In addition, the team provides support to the NPI and Sustaining teams, with a focus on design validation and verification for our hardware programs and products to be deployed in our fleet. The Production Systems Engineer works with all of Facebook's product and infrastructure teams, and is sometimes embedded within those teams. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of hardware and software infrastructure technologies.
PRODUCTION SYSTEMS ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build test tools and automation frameworks to make testing and integration faster, simpler, and more effective.
- Optimize the throughput and reliability of our continuous test systems and testing processes
- Design methodologies and strategies for testing through automation
- Identify areas for test coverage improvement, implement solutions
- Improve product quality and reliability of automated testing infrastructure
- Develop and maintain unit tests for tests and the test frameworks
- 5 or more years of experience with python
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and identifying root cause of system failures and isolating the components/ failure scenarios
- Familiar with configuration management systems like Puppet or Chef
- Experienced in developing monitoring and alerting systems
- Experienced with leading-edge technologies & Microservices like Docker or Nomad
- Familiarity with Jenkins or similar automation framework
- Familiarity with git or similar SCM tools
- Experience with test-driven software development
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top