Production Project Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Associate Technical Producer to work directly with our Technical Producers and Event Planners supporting the technical aspects of their events. This position is part of the Enterprise Operations Team ( IT organization), so candidates must be passionate about Technology, live customer service and have the ability to thrive in fast paced, high-pressure environment. Some travel is expected. This is a full-time position based in
- Provides technical consultation to internal partners for upcoming events.
- Directs and oversees work of Event Production Vendors and Audio Visual Support Vendors either remotely or in person.
- Review and edit technical drawings, floor plans, signal flow diagrams to ensure technical specifications are to standard.
- Attends all production and debrief meetings as required with partners when Technical Producers are unavailable.
- Keeps Technical Producers well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between vendors and partners.
- Communicates with international shipping logistics to ensure timely delivery of IT/AV support materials as well as partner-specific materials.
- Communicates and enforces Facebook standards, creating and defining new standards as technology and scope evolves. Maintains Technical Ryders and other necessary documentation as required.
- Maintains a network of technical vendors while continuously sourcing additional vendors throughout the region.
- Maintains a network of technical vendors while assisting Technical Producers to identify and vet in region resources including, but not limited to, audio visual service providers, venues, and remote network infrastructure support
- Manages technical resources within budget and partner support schedule.
- Completes project assignments as required and on time.
- Consistently delivers high-quality, high impact services to partners.
- 5+ years experience of technical event production experience in a corporate or entertainment field
- 3+ years experience of equipment operation experience in live audience event environment
- 2+ years experience working in a project management role
- 1+ year experience operating Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video and Graphics Technologies (including projection, switching, and formatting), Video Recording and Camera Operation, Internet Broadcast Video Streaming, Network Infrastructure Assessment, Set design, and IT operations and Support
- 2+ years experience with vendor assessment and management
- Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc…), as well as how to execute these formats flawlessly
- Possesses significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top