Production Engineer - UI
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over 1.7 billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.In Dublin we're focussed on building the most advanced data centres in the world. We're looking for Front End Engineers to help us build the tools that we will use to plan, build, and visualise everything about how our data centres work.Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Facebook in Production Engineering, and we are always learning. This position is full-time and located in our Dublin, International Headquarters office.
- Implement the features and user interfaces of the tools Facebook uses to build and manage its infrastructure and data centres
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Write and review code every day
- Together with your the rest of the team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Experience with React is a bonus
- Sound knowledge of HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Sound knowledge of browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Understanding of monitoring, systems provisioning, networking all a bonus
- A burning desire to "Move Fast and Be Bold"
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top