- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Production Engineers at Facebook are hybrid software/systems engineers who ensure that Facebook's services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. They are embedded in every one of Facebook's product and infrastructure teams, and are core participants in every significant engineering effort underway in the company.
Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Facebook in Production Engineering, and we are always learning.
This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park, Seattle, Boston and New York offices.
- Own back-end services like our Hadoop data warehouses, front-end services like Messenger and Newsfeed, infrastructure components like our Memcache infrastructure, and everything in between
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex systems in the world
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- Partnered alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of users all around the world
- Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years or more of experience in UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- 10+ years or more of coding experience
- Experience learning development languages (PHP, Python, C++, and Java)
- Experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Experience performing 'guerilla capacity planning' for internet service architectures
- Knowledge in internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN's)
- Experience in configurating and maintaining of applications such as Apache, Memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Back to top