Product Technical Program Manager, Facebook Discovery Search Platform
- Bellevue, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Product TPM to drive our Discover Platform efforts. With one of the largest indexes in the world our platform is critical to powering most of the search use cases across the family of Apps on Facebook. This Product TPM will be responsible for owning Discovery platform focus areas including reliability and efficiency, scale and long term capacity planning. They'll drive the addition of new capabilities across the Platform including indexing, serving, retrieval and ranking. In addition to supporting the Facebook Search Infra itself, the Product TPM will also be engaging with partners to understand their unique requirements and translate those into technical requirements that they'll drive to completion. We work closely across all layers of the tech stack at Facebook. You'll do that while working closely with some of the world's most talented Ranking/Product Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Researchers and Product Managers to define the long-term vision and feature requirements for the team. You'll also provide cross-team and executive presentations to gain buy-in from key stakeholders. Discovery Technical Program Managers are a group of passionate individuals who go deep on learning their teams' systems and then leverage this technical knowledge to influence and drive cross-team projects and roadmaps. The Discovery TPM works horizontally to create long-term value for Facebook by promoting the right technologies for productivity, stability, and growth. In this position, you will redefine 'state-of-the-art' while working with talented Engineers. As a peer to Engineers Managers, PM and TPMs, the individual will heavily contribute to planning, strategy definition, execution, and evangelism; negotiating cross-team dependencies, while representing core Facebook values and perspectives.
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the team.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators.
- Own end-to-end communication for the planning and progress of your goals.
- Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up-to-date on technological developments.
- Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on.
- Reduce surprises during execution and own progress reporting.
- Move large-scale technical or engineering programs or products from inception to delivery, and experience articulating the impact using metrics, growth examples, return, etc.
- Communicate and work with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Evolve tech stack by leveraging a range of levers such as data, technology trends and consumer needs as represented by partner teams across facebook.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- 8 or more years of experience with infrastructure, intrusion detection, mobile, coding, machine learning, networking, databases, product development, data privacy, incident management, artificial intelligence, file systems, web, or mobile applications.
Back to top