Product Specialist, Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Social VR team is responsible for exploring the potential of virtual reality's role in social media. We are designing new ways for people to create, connect and share using the unique qualities of this immediate and immersive new medium. Our goal is to launch experiences that put people first and introduce how virtual reality contributes to a more open world.Facebook is seeking a Product Specialist to join the Social VR Team. The Product Specialist fuels product quality and engagement by representing the voice of the user. As a Product Specialist, you will be responsible for investigating and communicating the quality and stability of Social VR's products as reported by internal stakeholders. This may include managing a small contractor team in remote locations that assist in daily bug/issue analysis. In this role you will participate in all aspects of contractor hiring, on-boarding, ongoing training and performance. In addition, you will use your experience to partner with engineering teams focused on identifying hard to reproduce issues, issue trends and prioritization of fixes.
- Become an expert in the health and quality of Social VR products
- Manage a remote, small contractor team to complete daily workflows
- Investigate and triage internal reports of quality and stability issues
- Develop and communicate compelling analyses and recommendations over aggregate trends from internal feedback
- Inform and deliver new strategies and tactics for delivering high-quality products to end users at scale
- Collaborate with other Product Specialists and Engineering partners to implement process and tool improvements
- Maintain training and process documentation for product specific knowledge areas
- 1+ years experience in a quality assurance role
- Experience analyzing and solving problems in a collaborate and fast-paced environment
- Communication skills especially around negotiating fix/stop gap action for team impact
- Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands and priorities
- Experience in designing testing strategies
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with VR applications
- Degree in computer science, economics, engineering or other related field or 3+ years directly-related work experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top