Product Researcher, Instagram
(New York, NY)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
We have over 800 million active accounts on Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the world's moments. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the Instagram product and business.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, business, design, engineering, marketing and product management
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of a set of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Demonstrated communication
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top