Product Researcher, Emerging Markets - Instagram
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 700 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
The Growth team at Instagram supports this goal through its mission to invite and welcome the global community to safely discover the value of Instagram. Our research focuses on revealing the opportunities Instagram has to bring new people to the platform, to create the best experience on day one and throughout an Instagrammer's time on the platform, and how to best re-engage inactive members of our community.
We are looking for a researcher who can build empathy and understanding of the Instagram experience and the competitive space in markets across the world through their research.
- Work closely with XFN partners (analytics, business, design, engineering, marketing and product management) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding of the Instagram experience (e.g., in emerging markets and other populations or cohorts)
- Comfortable leading XFN partners in international research for larger cultural immersion trips in addition to more targeted international research trips
- Lead and deliver research share-outs to an XFN team to encourage empathy with and understanding of the Instagram experience for different segments (specific markets, new or resurrected users, etc.) and identify clear opportunities Instagram can address to improve the experience
- Identify and work with vendors to partner with to conduct research as needed
- Continue to evangelize and champion the recommendations and opportunities after research is complete
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Design research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- 3+ years' experience in applied product research
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, including interviews, focus groups, competitor analysis, diary studies, usability studies, field visits, contextual inquiry
- Ability to construct and statistically analyze surveys
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, questions
- Communication skills
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top