(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Facebook platform offers marketers unprecedented opportunities to reach and engage consumers. The Advertising Product Research team is responsible for understanding how to measure and increase the impact of Facebook Ad Products. In service of this goal, the team conducts research on the Facebook advertising platform, designs methodologies and consults with Facebook product teams to guide product development and strategy.
We seek an expert in research methods and inferential statistics to help direct this research. This research is instrumental in informing Facebook’s advertising product strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science, research methods and statistics. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Create a product measurement learning agenda in partnership with the ads product team
- Analyze internal user data and/or leverage external surveys for product ideation
- Design optimal field or lab experiments for product evaluation and vet client campaigns recruited for the experiment
- Execute or oversee the execution of experiments and analyze experiment results
- Present research results and make recommendations to the product team
- Liaise with product marketing managers to integrate results in to sales and marketing materials
- Socialize/evangelize research findings generated by Ads and Consumer Research teams within the product organization
- 3+ years in a quantitative field, such as consulting, market research, product development or user experience research
- BS/BA Degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or similar quantitative field
- Experience with applied statistics including sampling approaches, experiments, causal modeling, and data mining techniques
- Experience with relational databases and SQL-like query languages
- Experience with an analysis tool such as R, Pandas, Matlab, SAS or Stata
- Experience with presenting and partnering with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with survey methodology or lab-based research
- Prior experience in the advertising industry or consumer behavior
- Knowledge of ads product development
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top