Product Quality Engineer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us-and we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Team has the responsibility for identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This individual will own all of the quality systems within the CM factories. This position is based in Shanghai.
- Local owner of all manufacturing and product quality, Quality Systems within the CM factories
- Validate CM, supplier incoming material, in-process, outgoing Quality Control process, Out of Box Audit and RCCA process.
- Determine Quality KPI's, quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing and product quality inspection processes. Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis.
- Develop product Quality Plan, Inspection Procedures, sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods within CM's and suppliers.
- Support Cross Functional Team during Product Development, NPI or Launch stage by providing input on product design, quality, manufacturing or reliability related issues.
- Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error: determining levels of confidence to drive product OK2Ramp and OK2Ship decision.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data: making recommendations back to Design, Test, Process, Manufacturing Operations for manufacturing and product continuous improvement strategy.
- Lead the combined teams (Ops, Design, CM) in corrective actions (DFMEA, FMEA) focused on product quality and customer experience improvements.
- Design, lead CM and supplier selection qualification process and audit.
- 7+ years' experience driving quality in a consumer electronics environment
- BS Degree in Engineering, or equivalent
- CQE certification, Quality System Auditing
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision, independent decision-making and convey a sense of urgency
- Experience in high volume consumer electronics manufacturing
- Ability to adopt to a diversified, fast moving Cross Functional Team environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top