Product Quality Engineer
As a quality engineer of Oculus, you will take responsibility to make sure the product produced in the manufacturer site meets the requirements Oculus defined covering product cosmetic, function and reliability. You will take responsibility to make sure the proper quality control system are in place from incoming to the shipping. You will do so by taking ownership in the product development stage to identify the potential process/product risks and work with Engineering team for risk elimination. You need develop an efficient quality control and monitoring mechanism in manufacturer site to make sure the deviation in process is under control as well as the product outgoing quality.
- Local owner of all manufacturing and product quality, Quality Systems within the CM factories
- Lead the quality control system setup and qualification in FATP factory including the incoming material, in-process including SMT and FATP, outgoing Quality Control process, Out of Box Audit and RCCA process.
- Conduct risk assessment and close loop follow up for the FATP process by coordinating the cross functional team for improvement.
- Determine Quality KPIâ€™s, quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing and product quality inspection processes. Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis.
- Develop product Quality Plan, Inspection Procedures, sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods within CMâ€™s and suppliers.
- Support Cross Functional Team during Product Development, NPI or Launch stage by providing input on product design, quality, manufacturing or reliability related issues.
- Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error: determining levels of confidence to drive product OK2Ramp and OK2Ship decision.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data: making recommendations back to Design, Test, Process, Manufacturing Operations for manufacturing and product continuous improvement strategy.
- Lead the combined teams (Ops, Design, CM) in corrective actions (DFMEA, FMEA) focused on product quality and customer experience improvements.
- Design, lead FATP manufacture and supplier selection qualification process and audit.
- Leading for yield improvement
- EFFA activities: trouble shooting, completely close loop follow up
- Bachelor degree in technical and engineering.
- Technical background, Quality or Process engineering background.
- At least 8+ years hands on working experience in consumer electrical industry covering the processes from Incoming to Shipping.
- Familiar of DFM(design for manufacture), DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, PPAP, SPC and sampling plan definition.
- Fluent English skill.
- Frequent travel and work under high pressure.
- Certified Quality Engineer, 6sigma black belt is a plus.
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate vision, independent decision-making and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability to adopt to a diversified, fast moving Cross Functional Team environment
Back to top