Product Quality Analytics Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Product Quality Analytics Team is a global team responsible for advancing Facebook's advertising business by identifying opportunities that improve the quality and stability of our business products. With deep product expertise and understanding of the product health and points of friction during the customer experience, the Product Quality Analytics Team partners with Product and Engineering teams to ensure we launch high quality and reliable products to the market. They reinforce that expertise by becoming fluent in the data around Facebook ads and use their product quality expertise to help us make better decisions about ad products and the how whole ads ecosystem is functioning for customers.We're looking for analytics leaders to work on our business products with a passion for social media to help drive informed decisions for Facebook. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real product changes on a regular basis. Successful candidates for this role will demonstrate desire to continue to build and shape the brand of a team with analytical and operational responsibilities through their own individual contributions, as well as through people management. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and quality of a product. Demonstrated success in developing/manager team and people- coaching/mentoring. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers, incorporate qualitative insights, and understand how our customers interact with our core products.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions.
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products and understand the customer experience.
- Partner with people across the larger Product Quality Analytics team and company to improve existing methodologies and tools.
- Manage and mentor team members through day-to-day needs and help them apply their strengths.
- 3+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity.
- 4+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role in a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL or other programming languages.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses.
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field. Advanced degrees.
- Experience in a social web company
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top