Product Project Manager, Solutions
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 1.8 billion users.
Our Product Solutions team is responsible for building a support strategy for new products or features to minimize legal IP risk on our platforms. We partner with multiple cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Design, Content, Legal, Operations, Policy, Privacy, and Data to ensure new products successfully launch and grow. Product Solutions helps determine data and tool infrastructure needs to support and protect the product and its customers, as well as influences product development as the voice of the rights holder and user.
Facebook is looking for an experienced project manager who will be responsible for working with cross-functional teams, as well as teams within Intellectual Property & Privacy Operations, to develop support strategy and execute global projects from inception to launch. Successful candidates for this role will be incredibly passionate about improving the support experience for rights holders and users, as well as tools that Intellectual Property Operations uses to support rights holders, users, and internal stakeholders. Must have an ability to work across different time zones and capable of using analytical rigor to identify and prioritize product and pain points.
- Become a subject matter expert in Intellectual Property policies to be able to effectively advocate for IP Operations needs with key stakeholders (e.g., Product, Engineering, Legal, and other cross-functional teams)
- Partner with Engineering, Product Management, and Legal teams to ideate, prioritize, develop and implement improvements to our support products and the overall support experience
- Collaborate with our IP & Privacy Operations teams, as well as partners in Legal in assessing risk, legal requirements, and support needs that allow new products to scale
- Work closely with Tools Solutions and Systems Project Manager partners to develop strategy and test plans to identify gaps or needs and ensure effective integration into reporting and operations for scaled support of new products and features
- Define clear business problems and prioritize solutions using data-driven analytics, developing success metrics to measure project performance and alignment with team mission and goals
- Effectively plan and manage complex projects from the initial ideation phase through final execution and global roll-out to further our mission, scale support and improve user experience
- Be on the front lines of product launches and proactively communicate regular updates, launch dates and concerns, and the impact of product changes to all internal stakeholders
- Develop and deliver measurement and reporting to quantify the impact of all launches, and monitor and analyze product and operational health metrics
- Build and manage relationships with key product partners, influence cross-functional stakeholders internal and external to IP & Privacy Operations, and be the voice of the users and rights holders
- Represent and advocate for IP Operations experiences, users, and rights holders, to ensure they are incorporated in new product launches across different channels and support all locales
- Work closely with the Vertical and Market teams to understand their needs and pain points related to support tools and ensure the end to end user support experience is optimized
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- 4+ years of experience with a background in end to end project management, product, and/or operations
- Previous legal or Intellectual Property experience
- Demonstrated track record of disciplined execution, acting independently across competing priorities and exercising judgment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top