Product Policy Manager, Misinformation, EMEA
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in policy, law, journalism, government, business, or risk management to join our Content Policy team. The team's mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications. This person will be responsible for misinformation policy development and enforcement, with a focus on EMEA issues. Candidates must be able to apply complex, evolving frameworks to new and innovative products and initiatives and make difficult decisions under pressure. You will provide policy counsel to product teams working to address misinformation and other challenges. You will be responsible for helping develop and refine our misinformation policies, and enforcing those policies -- including by coordinating cross-functional responses to content decisions that balance differing opinions and perspectives, and weigh up risk in order to provide effective policy advice to leadership. Candidates must be able to work at pace to make difficult decisions under pressure, use critical thinking skills, have strong written communications, and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills to organize and build relationships with teams across the company. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.This role can be based in London or Dublin.Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:Medical Dental Vision Pension Life Assurance Childcare Gym Transport Laundry Date posted: 1st June 2020 Closing date: 29th June 2020
- Help develop and refine principles and policies related to misinformation on Facebook products.
- Review global products, features, and initiatives to provide practical strategies across multiple jurisdictions.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public Policy, Engineering, Product Management, Communications, Marketing, Partnerships, and Legal.
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Produce and present internal communications for senior leadership to inform them of ongoing situations, and provide recommendations and decision support.
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Facebook's Public Policy team, as well as external stakeholders, to monitor the global environment for issues that content policy.
- A degree or advanced degree in a related field
- Experience in policy, law, journalism, government, business, or risk management with an emphasis on platforms and technology with strong regional expertise
- Experience with Internet/social media content issues
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and consensus-building
- Fluency in English and an additional non English language preferred
Back to top