Product Policy Manager, External Engagement
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a skilled Manager with experience in government or the public interest sector to join our Product Policy team. Product Policy is the team that creates policies to govern what people can share on Facebook, and how advertisers and third-party developers interact with the site. As Product Policy Manager, you will be responsible for understanding the global landscape of Internet-related advocacy groups, academics, think tanks, and governmental and non-organizations. You will help develop a strategy for engaging with these thought leaders in relation to our product policies. You will monitor our external relationships in key product policy areas and will seek opportunities to build productive alliances with our stakeholders. You will also work with other members of the Product Policy team to improve our policies based on external feedback. You will work with a highly talented and experienced team of subject matter experts on product policies for Facebook and Instagram. You will be responsible for understanding both Facebook and Instagram's business priorities, and for helping the team integrate external feedback to serve the company and the people who use our services. The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, communicator, organizer, and presenter. This person will provide insights that contribute to the shaping of Facebook's external relations in APAC and international markets, in relation to our product policies. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve. This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Singapore.
- Craft regional engagement strategy with advocacy groups, academics, think tanks, and governmental and non-organizations in relation to Facebook's product policies.
- Identify strategic opportunities for external engagement in relation to these policies throughout APAC.
- Support Product Policy team members in undertaking external engagement.
- Assist in monitoring the Product Policy team's external relationships throughout APAC.
- Represent Facebook's Policy team in external engagements in the region.
- Help mitigate risks by capturing external feedback and working with other team members to modify. Facebook's product policies and improve enforcement practices.
- Develop tools and metrics for measuring the impact of external engagement in the policy field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in policy
- Bachelor's Degree in law, policy, international relations, business, corporate social responsibility, or equivalent field
- Experience with governmental or non-governmental organizations in the policy field
- Experience with project management
- Experience with establishing processes and metrics to measure success of policy initiatives
- Ability to articulate policy positions in external settings
- Ability to prioritize projects and interact with different levels of seniority, both internally and externally
- Post-graduate degree in public policy, communications, law, business, or related field
- Experience in collaboration between technology companies and the civil sector
- Experience in developing policies for content moderation, internet advertising, or related technology areas
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top