Product Policy Manager, Content Distribution
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in policy and law to join our Product Policy team. The team's mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications. This person will primarily support the News Feed Product team, as well as various other initiatives related to building a safer, more inclusive, and more informed community, and fighting misinformation and polarization.
The position will focus on product reviews and will require application of complex, evolving frameworks to new and innovative products and initiatives. You will provide policy counsel to product teams working to address misinformation, polarization, and other challenges. You will be responsible for understanding our Community Standards and other policies, and also helping develop and refine specific principles and policies focused on News Feed, algorithmic ranking, and content distribution.
The ideal candidate will be able to critically analyze and communicate the costs and benefits of refinements to these policies and principles - and will have a point of view. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Help develop and refine principles and policies related to content distribution on Facebook products (with a particular focus on issues like misinformation and polarization).
- Review global products, features, and initiatives to provide practical strategies across multiple jurisdictions.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public Policy, Engineering, Product Management, Communications, Marketing, Partnerships, and Legal.
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Facebook's Public Policy team, as well as external stakeholders, to monitor the global environment for policy issues that impact News Feed.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Law, or related field of study
- 8+ years of work experience in policy, law, or government, with an emphasis on platforms and technology
- Product review experience
- Experience with international Internet/social media content issues
- Demonstrated analytical-thinking and problem-solving experience
- Experience working cross-functionally and consensus-building
- Knowledge of Facebook products and principles
- Advanced degree in public policy, foreign relations, or law degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top