Product Policy Manager, Appeals
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a leader with experience in law, policy enforcement, alternative dispute resolution, or government to join our Product Policy team. The team's mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications. This person will primarily support efforts to let people appeal enforcement decisions related to our Community Standards.
In this role, you will work closely with a number of other teams at Facebook, including our Community Integrity, Legal, Public Policy, Marketing, Communications, and other product teams. You will be responsible for understanding our Community Standards and enforcement systems, and directing changes to ensure that people have a meaningful ability to tell us when they think we have made a mistake.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage projects and teams. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead development of principles and policies for appealing enforcement decisions related to our Community Standards.
- Interact with external stakeholders to explain our approach on appeals, understand and incorporate their feedback into our emerging systems, and represent the company.
- Work with Legal, Engineering, and other teams to ensure that we are building the right products, organizational structures, partnerships, and systems necessary to ensure meaningful appeals.
- Provide ongoing programmatic Policy support to appeals process/partners.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Community Integrity, Community Operations, Legal, Communications, and Partnerships.
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Law, or related field of study
- Juris Doctorate degree or Masters Degree
- 8+ years of work experience in policy enforcement, law, or academics, with an emphasis on alternative dispute resolution or social media policy
- Experience with managing teams
- Experience with international Internet/social media content issues
- Knowledge of Facebook products and principles
- Experience with program management and/or project management
- Knowledge of comparative legal system studies or ADR system design
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top