Product Policy Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker and strong communicator to join our Product Policy team. The team's mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications. We deal every day with issues of safety, freedom of expression, and the user experience.
The person in this job will lead top priorities for the broader team, including helping to shape our policies for Newsfeed and combatting misinformation, and working with Content Policy and our operations teams to build a system of appellate review of content policy decisions in specific cases. This person will also work on other initiatives related to building a safer, more inclusive, and more informed community, and fighting misinformation and polarization.
The position will require a willingness to dive into unfamiliar subjects and become an expert in them by working with relevant product and operations teams. The job will require a deep knowledge of our current policies, including our Community Standards, but will also require flexible thinking to apply our principles to new and innovative products and initiatives, including algorithmic ranking and content distribution.
The ideal candidate will be able to critically analyze and communicate the costs and benefits of refinements to these policies and principles. The candidate will be comfortable making decisions when appropriate and will be able to effectively make recommendations to company leadership.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams such as Product, Public Policy, Sales, Partnerships, Operations, Marketing, Communications, and Legal.
- Work closely with our Policy and Operations teams to streamline our policies and processes around the enforcement of our Community Standards.
- Help develop, create and implement policies and processes for the Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger Platforms.
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Support team in handling Content and Product Policy escalations, and collaborate in developing strategy and process.
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, legal, political science or similar field
- 12+ years of experience in public policy, policy enforcement, or law, with an emphasis on technology
- Experience in Internet/social media/media content issues
- Experience with analytics and problem-solving
- Experience with consensus-building
- JD or Advanced degree
- Experience working at a tech company or with tech clients
- Project management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top