Product Policy Associate Manager, Appeals
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in law, policy, program management, alternative dispute resolution, or government to join our Product Policy team. The team's mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on Facebook and its family of applications. This person will primarily support efforts to let people appeal enforcement decisions related to our Community Standards.
In this role, you will work closely with a number of other teams at Facebook, including our Community Integrity, Legal, Public Policy, Marketing, Communications, and other product teams. You will be responsible for understanding our Community Standards and enforcement systems, and recommending changes to ensure that people have a meaningful ability to tell us when they think we have made a mistake.
The ideal candidate will be able to critically analyze and communicate the costs and benefits of refinements to these policies and practices, as well as manage small-scale projects and programs. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Help develop and refine principles and policies for appealing enforcement decisions related to our Community Standards.
- Work with Legal, Engineering, and other teams to ensure that we are building the right products, organizational structures, partnerships, and systems necessary to ensure meaningful appeals.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams such as Community Integrity, Community Operations, Legal, Communications, Public Policy, Engineering, Product Management, and Partnerships.
- Provide ongoing programmatic Policy support to appeals process/partners.
- Act as a global escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Bachelors degree in public policy, legal, political science or related field
- 6+ years of work experience in law, alternative dispute resolution, public policy, or policy enforcement, with an emphasis on technology
- Experience in Internet/social media/media content issues
- Experience with consensus-building
- Knowledge of Facebook products and principles
- Experience working at a Tech Company or with Tech Clients
- Experience working on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Experience working on Comparative Law/Comparative Legal Systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top