Product Operations Manager, Analytics & Tooling
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a people manager to join the Product Operations team. Our team works directly with Product and Engineering to ensure the products we release to our community are delightful and high quality to use. We’re looking for an experienced people manager who loves to coach and develop individuals aligned to their strengths and who will be an energetic, passionate and strategic voice on our Product Operations leadership team. In this role, you’ll oversee our Analytics and Tooling Project Managers.
The Analytics and Tooling team is responsible for delivering data and tooling solutions that enable and amplify the impact of the larger Product Operations team. Our data work spans ETL, reporting, ad hoc analysis and modeling. Our tooling work delivers core tools and workflow automations. We are looking for someone who will assume general management responsibilities of the team, who will strategically lead the team to new areas of impact, and who will bridge partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders in operations, product, and engineering. This role will be based out of our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA
- Manage and coach your team of Project Managers through career, skill, and personal development
- Identify ambitious opportunities for your team to deliver additional impact
- Strategically craft plans and solutions that equip your team to solve large problems
- Become a trusted partner with stakeholders in operations, product, and engineering
- Directly manage large projects as needed
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 7+ years of professional experience in a technical, operations, consulting, or similar environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance)
- Graduate degree in a technical field
- Experience in an analytical role
- Ability to lead in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Track record of operating independently in ambiguous environments
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top