Product Operations Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Product Operations organization is critical to the performance, reliability, and usability of Facebook's products. The team is embedded with product and engineering to propel a simple vision: every user interaction works well. We do this by owning the operational management and analysis of user feedback from identification to resolution including the triage of product defects identified during testing, analysis of testing feedback to inform product quality pre-launch, and investigation of issues shared by Facebook's worldwide community. As a Manager supporting the development, launch, and growth of Facebook's products, you are responsible for managing a team of Product Development Specialists and Product Specialists who partner with Facebook product, engineering, data science, design, research, and vendors teams to improve product quality through the lens of the user experience.
You will be required to showcase excellent leadership, problem solving especially in ambiguity, project management, and communication skills across a highly cross-functional stakeholder base. You will form relationships with leaders from Product Management, Engineering, UX Research, Data Science, and Design to ensure your team has the resources they need to be successful. We are looking for someone who is able to influence business decisions through quantitative and qualitative insights that continually drive to optimize users' experiences with a strong focus on correcting defects that improve the reliability of Facebook's products. A leader in this role will be passionate about building teams, including the operational processes and reporting that support them at scale, a cultural leader, and systems thinker who can lead a team to effectively break down problems and scope solutions.
- Directly manage a team of Product Development Specialists and Product Specialists.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how Facebook develops products, the priorities of the product teams you support and lead your team in providing data-driven recommendations.
- Define vision, strategy, tactics, and behaviors required to achieve medium and long-term goals.
- Provide motivational leadership to your team and enhance a strong culture of trust and commitment to impact.
- Create structure for your team to solve ambiguous business problems and partner with cross-functional teams to resolve user experience issues and deliver against shared product outcomes.
- Shape actionable recommendations about complex issues critically and concisely.
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across stakeholders as needed to ensure the right resourcing, execution and communications are in place to deliver meaningful results.
- 2+ years of direct people management experience in a highly agile, project-based environment
- 5+ years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical experience
- MBA from a top-tier business school
- Experience in a top-tier strategy consulting firm
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top