Product Marketing Strategic Planning and Operations Lead
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Product Marketing has grown and evolved over time. As we scale the team is bigger, set to grow even more. We are doing more and making bigger bets with our marketing investment. With this rapid expansion, we need the team to scale efficiently and focus on more strategic and operational efforts.Product Marketing at Facebook has grown and evolved over time from a small group of Product Marketing Managers only five years ago, to a 120 plus organization supported by a host of cross-functional resources including communications planning, analytics, research, PR, legal, and others. The intense growth Facebook overall has experienced during this period, coupled with the rapid expansion of scope and responsibilities for Product Marketing, has created opportunities for a more strategic approach to planning, executing, and measuring our work.As a key leader in the "Strategic, Planning, and Operations" team within PMM, the Product Marketing Strategic Planning and Operations Lead will fully own and oversee all planning and operations across our consumer product marketing organization, which spans over 20 product verticals across Facebook's core and Messenger apps.Oversee the semi-annual planning process, conducting critical financial analyses and stakeholder interviews to improve how we launch and manage campaigns, develop and approach to and advising how to make marketing investments, and help assess our marketing performance and return on investment. S/he will also work with analytics partners to identify marketing goals and measure our progress, feeding learnings back into the planning process to evolve our organization to a truly world class marketing organization.Product Marketing Strategic Planning and Operations Lead ideally is passionate about technology, social media, and marketing and has exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication skills. S/he must be able to succeed in a fast-paced environment and be able to thrive in and work with cross- functional teams.This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, reporting into the Strategy & Planning Lead and overseeing a small but high-performing team plus contractors. The successful candidate must be an experienced strategist and/ or management consultant and marketer, is data-driven, and consistently a self-starter who proactively identifies and solves problems and continuously seeks ways to improve and drive efficiencies into the org.
- Lead and evolve product marketing's planning and operations function to maximize for impact and return on investment (both headcount and spend), using a structured approach and rigorous prioritization discipline
- Oversee semi-annual planning meetings for PMM Leads and marketing leadership, including relevant analysis, and synthesizing plans and learnings for the next half
- Structure & execute data analysis to inform prioritization and planning, and summarize insights and implications in presentations to marketing leadership
- Assist in marketing/ brand goal development and tracking for Facebook's major product lines, partnering with our marketing analytics team, this may include training and development, driving campaign consistency, creating methodological rigor, KPI alignment and campaign efficacy and efficiency
- Support initiatives to improve reporting and data transparency both within PMM and across marketing and marketing's key stakeholders (including product managers)
- Oversee and manage ongoing operational needs of the product marketing organization, including budgets/ forecasting, monthly and quarterly reporting, and ongoing measurement
- Identify and incorporate both internal and external benchmarks and best practices to bring Facebook's marketing to world class standards
- Support (and lead, where relevant) strategic projects that help scale the organization (e.g. localization, marketing integration, creative efficiencies).
- BA/BS degree or equivalent marketing experience
- 6+ years of experience in strategic planning and operations for a marketing org and/ or management consulting supporting marketing functions in internet and/or consumer technology vertical.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset.
- Attention to detail, methodical with the ability to translate problems into actionable solutions.
- Process oriented with project management skills.
- Thrives in and enjoys a face-paced, entrepreneurial, self-starter environment
- Communication and presentation skills, as candidate will be providing org-wide and executive-level presentations.
- Ability to think, plan, prioritize, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion, with attention to detail. Able to meet tight deadlines for ad hoc requests.
- Experience managing small, high-performing teams.
- Management consulting and strategic planning experience, actual line experience working in a marketing organization, start-up experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top