Product Marketing Manager, TV and Core Video
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for an experienced marketer who is passionate about bringing better video consumption experiences to people on Facebook. You will be responsible for marketing products that help bring people closer together through video, including our video app for connected TV platforms, our core video experience in News Feed, and our efforts to bring video to more people in emerging markets. You will work on all aspects of the product lifecycle - informing product strategy, owning go-to-market planning and execution, and driving awareness and adoption of video consumption experiences on Facebook.
The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative, and cares deeply about making video on Facebook a first-class experience for everyone, everywhere, on every device. This person is self-starting, can work independently, brings innovation and audience insights to creative development, excels in project management, and can execute flawlessly and with a high quality bar. Most important, this person cares deeply about establishing Facebook as a top-of-mind place for consumers to experience video and keeps that at the forefront of marketing efforts.
- Develop marketing strategies and plan to achieve consumer product goals.
- Develop core product positioning and messaging for key video products and features, considering value proposition, target audience, competitive landscape, and other factors.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights from research and analysis to influence product strategy and inform positioning, go-to-market plans, creative assets, and campaigns.
- Create go-to-market plans, leading and collaborating closely with cross-functional teams (including product, partnerships, PR, legal/policy, and others) to determine effective launch strategy, including rollout sequencing, creative asset development, and communication goals to best drive awareness, engagement, and adoption.
- Plan and lead successful marketing campaigns across multiple channels to efficiently drive product awareness, adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external creative teams to bring marketing campaigns, programs and assets to life across channels.
- Author and review public-facing communication, such as blog posts and collateral.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning.
- Bachelor's degree
- Communication experience across functions (e.g., creative teams, legal, marketing, ops)
- Experience tackling problems with a strategic mindset and create recommendations and action plans for solving those problems
- Consumer marketing experience
- Experience gathering customer insights and translating them into marketing strategies and tactical execution
- Demonstrated campaign experience across marketing channels, such as video, paid social, mobile, rich media, connected TV environments, and third-party partner channels
- Experience in the consumer video landscape and drivers of consumer video consumption habits
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with a results-oriented mindset
- Experience managing agencies for daily workstreams and creative deliverables as well as working with marketing cross-functional teams, including creative, research, analytics and media
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in marketing new products for internet/consumer tech companies
- MBA degree
- Management consulting and/or startup experience
- Effectiveness working independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fluid environment, with the ability to adapt, spot issues early, and escalate
- Balance of creative and analytic thinking, putting forth best-in-class execution within a measurable and data-driven framework
- Passion for and understanding of mobile, web, and connected TV technologies and the consumer video landscape both in the U.S. and internationally
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top