Product Marketing Manager, Shopping - MBA Intern
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
On Instagram, shopping is one of the many ways that people connect with each other and the brands and products they love. With over 25 million businesses using Instagram and a strong community of content creators and influencers, people on Instagram can discover new looks and get inspired before making a purchase.
Instagram is looking for a summer intern to support people and businesses who use Instagram for shopping. This person will be responsible for creating our business and product strategy, managing our go-to-market plans and coordinating a cross-functional team to bring great solutions to businesses and the community. The ideal candidate will come from the e-commerce industry and have a multi-disciplinary backgroundâ€"including business strategy, product marketing and analytical skills â€"and be passionate about Instagram.
This is a 12 week summer intern position based in our New York office.
- Help establish and scale our end-to-end solutions for shopping on Instagram
- Lead cross-functional teams and ensure accountability across partners in executing projects and initiatives
- Coordinate and communicate the rollout of new products and features both internally and externally
- Collaborate with our marketing, PR, measurement and sales teams to create product positioning and materials
- Drive adoption of our organic shopping solutions and surface qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product direction and ensure product-market fit
- Assess and prioritize expansion and new monetization or business opportunities
- Catch unanticipated issues that arise along the way and see them through to resolution
- Pursuing MBA degree with graduation date between December 2019-August 2020
- 3+ years of business strategy, product marketing or product management experience in the e-commerce industry
- Experience creating structured frameworks to evaluate problems and present recommendations for how to proceed
- Communication experience
- Experience in the retail or e-commerce industry
- Must have the ability to obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
Back to top