Product Marketing Manager - Seller Marketing, Marketplace
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a product marketer and strategist who is knowledgeable and passionate about marketplaces and mobile commerce. The ideal candidate has experience both launching and growing products that help people discover products they love and businesses drive sales. They also bring deep understanding of industry competitive landscape, trends, and business models and have strong and informed perspective on how to build and scale and seller marketing team. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against global launch plans to bring marketplace products to market. Excellent analytical and communication skills as well as comfort with ambiguity are a must. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park or Seattle.
This is an end-to-end product marketing role. Responsibilities include crafting the product narratives, informing product strategy and messaging with insights, and go-to-market planning and execution.
- Lead market assessment, narrative and product positioning development and represent the seller audience internally with Product Management and Engineering
- Plan and lead successful product launches and ongoing marketing campaigns, educating businesses and individual sellers on how to use Marketplace
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategy and plan including positioning, policy, launch strategy, PR
- Partner effectively with Product Management and outbound marketing to lead world-class product marketing communications for new business products
- While this is a business marketing role, you will also need to understand the multiple players in the ecosystem across consumers, policy makers, news media, governments and advocates to ensure the work is contextually relevant
- Identify significant long-term opportunities based on quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, research and a strategic view of the direction of the market
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all business facing go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created
- Drive product adoption and usage rates by supporting market facing programs and effective product launch support
- Be willing and able to flex between strategic and tactical/execution responsibilities
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years work experience
- 2+ years experience working in a product marketing capacity (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with sales to support product launches)
- Marketplaces experience, partnering with product teams to identify and bring to market solutions for sellers
- Quantitative analytical experience
- Experience communicating concepts
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against global launch plans to bring marketplace products to market
- Mobile Advertising Experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top