Product Marketing Manager, Public Content Distribution
Facebook is seeking an individual who is passionate about technology, product development and the evolution of digital publishing to help shape Facebook's strategy around how public content is distributed. This position will be responsible for helping to shape product roadmaps and execute against global launch plans to bring products to market.
The focus of this role is on determining how content gets distributed on Facebook. Specific products include Facebook Watch, News Feed and video products for Emerging Markets, among others. This position will drive market requirements into product planning to help media publishers, digital creators and public figures succeed on Facebook's suite of products and drive content distribution to achieve their goals.
The successful candidate is both data-driven and has the ability to synthesize market trends in media and related business models, and can effectively work with colleagues across the company to drive results. This product marketing role is focused on the inbound phase of product marketing with content producers (publishers and individual creators) as well as the initial phases of outbound product marketing. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs by producer segment, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders, representing the "view of the publisher" and running alpha and beta testing processes. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning including associated messaging and positioning. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with the Product, Engineering, Media Partnerships, Design, Research, Communications and Marketing teams.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, California.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER, PUBLIC CONTENT DISTRIBUTION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive product strategy bridging short-term execution and long-term vision
- Identify opportunities and represent view of the market by conducting industry research, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
- Analyze product performance, synthesize customer feedback and advocate improvements
- Quarterback go-to-market efforts globally to support product launches and scaled adoption
- Manage comprehensive, cross-functional activities including betas, positioning, policy and product documentation
- Partner with the Product Management, Media Partnerships, Engineering, Sales, Communications and other key teams
- 7+ years experience with 3+ years experience working in a product marketing, management consulting, product strategy or equivalent function (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements)
- BA/BS degree
- Management consulting experience in advertising or media businesses
- Media experience including understanding of web and mobile technologies impact on content distribution both in U.S. and globally
- Experience working with content creators
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Scrappy, resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact
- Quantitative analytical experience and communication skills
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top