Product Marketing Manager, Protect & Care
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for a candidate to join the Protect & Care marketing team and be a steward of the core Facebook experience. The Protect & Care team is responsible for making Facebook a safe and welcoming place for 1.8 billion people globally to be their authentic selves. We build a wide range of products, including Security Checkup, Legacy Contacts, and reporting and support tools, to make sure people feel in control of their Facebook experiences. We also work extensively with emerging markets around the world, ensuring that people who are new to the Internet and to Facebook get the support they need when they run into negative experiences. The Protect & Care marketing team is responsible for all elements of marketing this work globally. This includes crafting the product narratives, informing product strategy and messaging with insights, and go-to-market planning and execution. If you have experience leading cross-functional projects that achieve results, if you've got strong instincts for good products, how to message them, and creative and analytical chops, if you're a self-starter with a passion for technology that's integral to consumers' lives, and if you have a passion for helping people during difficult moments, then you just might be the person for the job.The successful candidate must be an experienced marketer, data-driven, and a self-starter.
- Know the people who use Facebook products and the problems they run into
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights on people using Facebook to influence product strategy and inform go-to-market plans
- Plan and lead successful product launches -that often launch only in emerging markets-
- Plan and lead successful marketing campaigns, educating people -in emerging markets- on how to use Facebook in a safe and secure way
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including PR, product, and policy stakeholders) to create integrated marketing moments
- Lead and collaborate with external creative agencies to ensure quality, on-time delivery of marketing programs and assets across multiple channels
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems
- Be willing and able to flex between strategic and tactical/execution responsibilities.
- BA/BS degree.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing or related disciplines for internet and/or consumer technology
- Experience in large scale campaign development working with small- to medium-sized agencies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies and the industry landscape.
- Ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications
- Start-up experience.
- Marketing experience in emerging markets
- Experience partnering closely with Product Management on product roadmap and launches
- Experience with people development and managing small teams
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top