Product Marketing Manager, News Publishing
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an individual who is passionate about technology, product development and media strategies - with a focus on news and publishing. This position will be responsible for helping to shape the product roadmap for Facebook's products for news publishers and journalists with a particular focus on products related to promoting high quality news on FB and reducing misinformation. This person will drive market requirements into product planning to help news publishers gain exposure to the world's largest online audience and drive content distribution to achieve their goals. The right person can drive both strategy and execution, is analytical and creative and cares deeply about making Facebook into a platform that every news publisher uses to find and engage audiences.
This product marketing role is focused on the inbound phase of product marketing with publishers as well as the initial phases of outbound product marketing. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs by segment, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders, being the "voice of the publisher" and running alpha and beta testing processes. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning including associated messaging and positioning. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with Product, Media Partnerships, UX Research, and Marketing teams. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
- Drive product strategy bridging short-term execution and long-term vision
- Identify opportunities and represent voice of the market by conducting industry research, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
- Analyze product performance, synthesize customer feedback and advocate improvements
- Manage comprehensive, cross-functional activities including betas, positioning, policy, product documentation and sales collateral
- Partner effectively with Product Management and Marketing Communications teams to lead product marketing communications around test and launch phases and communicate value propositions of new products to go-to-market teams
- 8+ years overall experience, with 3+ years working in a product marketing, consulting, product strategy or equivalent function (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements)
- BA/BS degree
- News industry experience including understanding of web and mobile technologies impact on news industry both in the U.S. and globally
- Quantitative analytical ability and communication skills
- Ability to develop working relationships inside and outside Facebook
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top