Product Marketing Manager, Moments
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an excellent cross-functional leader to lead all marketing efforts for Moments, a standalone app that provides a private way to share photos with friends and get the photos you didn’t take. Moments organizes the photos on your phone based on when they were taken and, using facial recognition technology, which friends are in them. You can then privately sync those photos quickly and easily with specific friends, and they can choose to sync their photos with you as well. Moments has its own brand and is a relatively new app at Facebook and we’re continuously working to make Moments better and more valuable.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Moments, you will be responsible for all elements of marketing this product globally. This includes crafting the brand and product narratives, helping to define the target audience and informing product strategy with insights, go-to-market planning and execution. If you have a history of leading projects that achieve results, if you’ve got strong instincts for good products, creative and analytical chops, if you’re a self-starter with a passion for technology that’s integral to consumer’s lives, and if you have a passion for helping people connect with what matters to them, then you just might be the person for the job. The successful candidate must be an experienced marketer, data-driven, and a self-starter.
If you have a history of leading projects that achieve results, if you’ve got strong instincts for good products, creative and analytical chops, if you’re a self-starter with a passion for technology that’s integral to consumer’s lives, and if you have a passion for helping people connect with what matters to them, then you just might be the person for the job. The successful candidate must be an experienced marketer, data-driven, and a self-starter who thrives in and enjoys a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Know the people who use Facebook products and the problems they run into like the back of your hand
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights on people using Facebook to influence product strategy and inform go-to-market plans
- Plan and lead successful global product launches
- Plan and lead successful marketing campaigns, educating people around the world on Moments
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including PR, product, and policy stakeholders) to deliver to create integrated marketing moments
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset, create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing or product management for internet and/or consumer technology
- Start-up experience is a must
- Proven ability to launch programs in US and non-US markets
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented minds
- Communication skills
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies and the industry landscape
- Management consulting experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top