Product Marketing Manager - Messenger Monetization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world-over 1.3 billion people use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to instantly connect with the people. Whether sending a text, or sharing photos and videos, making a free call or video chat, Messenger makes it easy to communicate. Messenger is also redefining messaging apps with a hugely popular platform that allows businesses to effectively communicate with their customers. As a team, we combine the best parts of a fast-moving startup while operating at global scale. We're looking for a results-driven, execution-focused Product Marketing Manager to join our monetization team and work closely with Product, Engineering & Sales to develop and improve our ad offerings and experiences. The successful candidate must have experience building, launching, and scaling great products and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company to drive results. Ideally, the candidate will have strong experience and knowledge of the mobile advertising ecosystem and experience in messaging app consumer product. He or she must thrive as a leader of cross-functional teams, exhibit analytical skills, and have a strong bias for action.
If you are passionate about Messenger and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Assess and prioritize expansion opportunities, building both business strategy and external narratives for Messenger
- Identify opportunities and represent the voice of the market by conducting industry research, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the requirements of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broader Facebook and messaging ecosystem to develop product direction and positioning
- Lead market segmentation and opportunity assessment efforts to prioritize advertising product opportunities for helping businesses drive business outcomes using Messenger
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive product beta programs and launches
- Partner with Product Marketing Communications and all sales channels to create product marketing communications, including all sales-facing materials, press releases, etc.
- Drive product adoption and usage by developing and managing adoption plans in partnership with Sales, Marketing, and Product
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences, technical and consumer
- Project management experience, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy
- 6+ years overall professional experience in product marketing, consulting, product strategy or equivalent function
Back to top