Product Marketing Manager, Messenger
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world—over 1.2 billion people use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to instantly connect with the people in your life. Whether sending a text, or sharing photos and videos, making a free call or video chat, Messenger makes it easy to communicate all in one place. Messenger is also redefining messaging apps with a hugely popular bot platform to communicate with businesses, AI, games and innovative visual expressions across messaging and video chat experiences. As a team, we combine the best parts of a fast-moving startup while operating at global scale.
We're looking for a data-driven, consumer-focused Product Marketing Manager to join our growing PMM team. The role is responsible for leading inbound and outbound product marketing initiatives for a group of Messenger's growth-focused products and experiences. You'll be leading efforts focused on driving growth and engagement, informing target audiences, influencing product strategy, and leading feature go-to-markets. If you're passionate about connecting consumers with products, enjoy spanning between analytical and creative projects, and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Develop product positioning and value propositions for consumer-facing Messenger features to drive awareness, adoption, and ongoing usage.
- Create and execute go-to-market plans to launch new features. Collaborate closely with Product Management, PR, Design, and Data Science to determine effective launch strategy, including rollout plan, creative asset development, and communication goals to best drive awareness, engagement, and affinity.
- Develop a deep understanding of our consumer audiences, including identifying changing behaviors, trends and opportunities.
- Influence product strategy and in-product experiences with relevant user and market insights.
- Implement growth strategies to help drive demand and new user acquisition across channels.
- Create and test targeted messages based on the key value propositions and use cases of our target audiences.
- Build and analyze key metrics and user engagement patterns to measure performance of marketing programs.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- Present strategy and results against goals to senior leadership.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing with a consumer focus.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences, or other related discipline.
- Experience in digital marketing and/or the technology industry.
- Experience partnering with and influencing product management, engineering, and other internal teams.
- Experience driving results through performance marketing initiatives including outbound channels, A/B testing, targeting, and user segmentation.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, with ability to leverage data to identify drivers, market opportunities, and develop business cases.
- Track record of delivering projects and impact in a fast-paced environment.
- Mobile app marketing experience.
- Heavy user of messaging apps.
- Experience in acquisition and engagement marketing.
- Analytical skills, including ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top